Uh, a fanfic meme thing I stole from NinjaSquirls' facebook.
1. How about a brief introduction?
Ni hao! Wo shi Ariel. *Hello! I'm Ariel.*
2. What got you into fan fiction (and/or adopting muses)?
I can't remember exactly. But I think I was looking up a term I'd read online, and found a fanfic dictionary(ha, fanfictionary)and discovered there was a whole culture to it. Also, Jaelle's stuff was my first fic. Dang, she sure opened a can of worms.
3. What kind of fan fiction do you write?
I write mainly fluffy fic and flangst, and some of my stuff has been described to me as 'random and hilarious'. As much as I'd love to be able to write angst, I just can't.
4. Do you write for the same pairings/characters?
I write for just one pairing, which is Roy/Eds.
5. What is your most popular fic/muse and why do you think people like it so?
Uh.... my most reviewed one is "Oranges". It's gotten lots of people into my writing. ANd people like it because it's completely insane.
6. Forget other people, what is the fanfic/post/prompt you've written that you're most proud of?
I'm pretty proud of "Swing Sets and Monkey Bars", because I feel like it's short and simple and effective. It's a little cluttered, but it works overall.
7. Do you find writing easy? Hard? What aspects do you struggle with?
I love and hate writing, because sometimes the stories write themselves but other times they need a little(or a lot)coaxing from its hiding place under the bed.
8. Write a few sentences of your favorite pairing or character.
Roy/Ed: It isn't canon(which is fine with me) and the original creator abhors the pairing, but I like it because it's interesting and can be fluffy, or angsty, or flangsty, and the dark takes on this pairing are very interesting. Also, it's kind of naughty(because of the age difference and their roles within the military) , which most people like.
9. Are there any fan fiction trends/clichés you hate?
Mpreg. It's just weird. Incest of any sort. That's just gross. I cannot read genderswitch, no matter how much I love the author. I don't even know why, I just can't.
10. Are you guilty of any of the trends you hate?
11. What was the first fandom you wrote for? Do you still write for it?
Fullmetal Alchemist. At the moment, it's the only fandom I write for, even though I've got some Deathnote fic in mind. I still write for it, but I don't have that much inspiration lately.
12. Name your OTPs and explain what it is about them you love to write.
I have one OTP. Roy/Ed. I love writing them because of their banter, and sassy love is just fun to write. Making them sappy is very diffifult.
13. What would you call your writing style?
Ooh, that's hard. I've never thought about that. Um.... minimalist, I guess. At least lately. I try to go by the philosophy that all it needs is all it needs. Too many bells and whistles just ruin the story.
14. Do you read other people's writing? If so, what do you find yourself reading the most?
I only read my own writing. Lol, no, I read a few other people's writing. I read mainly smutty Roy/Ed, but I'll also read visceral takes on the characters thoughts, AU, lots of fluff, flangst, and dark Roy/Ed, and too much Edrape(which I just can't take any more of at the moment).
15. Name one thing you'd love to write but have been too afraid or too shy to do.
Oh, I'm writing this story called "Roy Mustang, Hopeless Romantic", and both Roy and Ed are writing realy crappy romance novels, and Ed's characters have a mature scene that I've finished on paper, but can't bring myself to publish online.
16. Do you feel uncomfortable taking criticism? Or worse, do you have the dreaded bloated ego?
Uh, I'll admit my ego /is/ fairly bloated, but I'll take criticism if it's fair and constructive.
17. When you write, is there anything that helps?
Talking out my plots and characters with my friends and family. That always helps me figure out just the right character trait of plot divergance to makae the story work.
18. What inspires you?
Real life. There's nothing I've written that wasn't inspired by real life experience.
19. Lastly, how would you sum up your fan fiction/RP experiences and you as a writer?
Good. I don't even know how to RP, but I've found very many lovely fanfic buddies who are all fabulous writers, and we all read/like eachother's work. It's fun.
20. Tag some friends, because they'll hate you for it.